Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with this Auer gasmask canister

Article about: Hello! I've just bought this german Auer gasmask canister. I have only these pictures now, because it hasn't arrived yet to me. I'm confused about this model As I know, it's NOT a Reichswehr

?

Default Need help with this Auer gasmask canister

Hello!

I've just bought this german Auer gasmask canister. I have only these pictures now, because it hasn't arrived yet to me.

I'm confused about this model As I know, it's NOT a Reichswehr model, because it hasn't got the middle eye attachment on the canister. It also hasn't got an RL Kenn nummer on the lid, just only the Auer word. Furthermore the strap attachment eyes are straight, and it' not skew like on the Reichswehr ones.

So the questions are:
    What type is this canister?
    Who used this kind of canisters in the 3rd Reich?
    Can it be dated from these pictures?

All, and any kind of help are wellcome

Need help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this Auer gasmask canister
    P
    Many

I'd say Luftschutz!....

?

If it was Luftshutz, then why it hasn't got an RL Kenn nummer? As I know Luftshutz ones has that kind of number, military issued ones are not. That's why I'm confused about it.

?

Yes, I've read this site also, but here I can only read about the Reichswehr model. This is one is not that kind It hasn't got the extra metal eye on the middle of the can like the Reichswehr model.

I think it's a AUER container production 1940 for S-Maske, used by Luftschutz, the RL nummer could also be printed on the cover in ink, besides being stamped in rubber mask.
    I know that this model was also used by the Police, but this is not the case because the strap is "hersatz" probably produced using a strap piece of the type used to bring the mask to the neck out of the canister.
    If can help you look at this post, toward the end you can see one like yours, but previous production, with RL nummer stamped into the metal; yours is a next production.

My Third Reich Gasmasks collection

Cheers
    Roberto

?

Yes, as I more viewing the pictures, I also getting sure this will be an Auer 1940 model.

I've found on gasmasklexikon these pictures: http://gasmasklexikon.com/Bilder/Luftschutz.02.jpg ; http://gasmasklexikon.com/Bilder/Luftschutz.01.jpg

The left one that I have without RL number. And the strap is also an interesting one. On my pictures I would say that strap looks like a GM-30's strap.
    You mentioned ersatz material. You mean it it's a "weaker" material than the military issued ordinary strap?

I can't wait to see this canister in real life and look after for markings or ink remains
    Is there any hope that this canister has a military history used by a soldier, and later (around in 1941) it was gived to Luftschutz?

exact! I mean for ersatz substitute material weaker than the ordinary one, and it's something that happened on this type of masks; from your photo looks similar to the one used on this "Draeger" example
    Need help with this Auer gasmask canister

said this, probably on the field there were many exceptions, I've seen pictures of fighter policeman on balkan front equipped with these AUER masks.

Roberto

?

Thank you for all your help Roberto.
    Interesting piece of hardware for sure. I bought it to my GM-30 gasmask. It has the older WaA type (WaA 111) with the 1st snout type. The mask hasn't got RL number so it would be a military issued mask.

Need help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canisterNeed help with this Auer gasmask canister

I'll update this post if I finally got my hands on this canister, and if I found any markings on it.

This GM 30 example, comes certainly as a military model of Reichswehr period, it may have been subsequently assigned to RL, but in this case should be the RL number printed inside, in the upper part and in the middle of the viewers.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast