Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identiying this bag!

Article about: I received this bag for free. I bought a pair of flight goggles on eBay and the seller sent them to me inside this bag. I asked the seller if he knew what purpose the bag had served but he h

Default Need help identifying this bag!

I received this bag for free. I bought a pair of flight goggles on eBay and the seller sent them to me inside this bag. I asked the seller if he knew what purpose the bag had served but he had no idea. It is WWII German as it is ordnance marked fuq 1943 (Cottbusser Lederwarenwerk Curt Vogel K.G., Cottbus). Probably has no value (you get NOTHING for free if it's worth anything), just would like to see if anyone out there knows what it was used for. Thanks for lOOking and commenting!
    I just found this forum and LOVE it! Need help identiying this bag!Need help identiying this bag!Need help identiying this bag!
    Last edited by canadatim; 04-09-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: mispelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identiying this bag!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help identifying this bag!

Well, looks like I stumped everyone with this one! I searched the web for a long time to find out what this type of bag was used for with no luck. Did find some pics of a bag by the same maker that was close to this one, only a lot larger and with a different strap on it that was used to carry some type of ammo. Can't figure out how the strap may have been utilized. Oh well, thanks to all for looking!

Default Re: Need help identiying this bag!

If it is original and WWII German, it is definitely worth something !

I'm sorry I cannot help you out here. Perhaps a magazine
    pouch with the strap to keep the mags from rattling ?
    Just a thought...........

Second thought, no - because of the draw-string.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks anyway, Steve! I didn't think to give the dimensions of this bag in my original posting. It may be deceptively larger in the pics than it really is. The bag is only about 12 inches tall by 9 inches wide. Yes, it is my thought too that it could have been a magazine carrying pouch/bag. I have never seen one of these...obviously neither has anyone else...hmmmm.....could be quite a rare find here.....first $1000 takes it!!! LOL!

Muzzle cover for artillery piece?

I have seen one of these before but it was a looong time ago.