MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

need help with voightlander braunschweig binoculars

Article about: These binoculars i picked up at a yard sale, im interested in learning more about them, on the left shoulder it says: voightlander underneath it says braunschweig under that is a serial numb

Default need help with voightlander braunschweig binoculars

These binoculars i picked up at a yard sale, im interested in learning more about them, on the left shoulder it says: voightlander underneath it says braunschweig under that is a serial number capital N and underlined o, and the numbers 62810. on the right shoulder is marked the number 6x24 and above that is an etching of a lion on a pedestal, there are no other markings that i can see on it other than the right ocular has a + and - for collimation i was wondering if anyone here might be able to tell me more.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help with voightlander braunschweig binoculars
    P
    Many

Default Re: need help with voightlander braunschweig binoculars

If they are for military use they should be marked with a waffenamt number, in this case WA389 for Voightlander. the marking should be around the bell of each of the ocular lenses.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ive been over every inch of these with several different magnifying lenses, no numbers anywhere but on the shoulder plates

oh i totally forgot to post the link to pics of them -_-
    gear stuff pictures by littlemikey26 - Photobucket and i was wrong no plus or minus symbols on the right ocular it does adjust for collimation though

They appear to be made for the civilian market, nice though, I've got a wartime Voightlander camera my dad bought back from His National Service in Germany around '53-'54 and the optics are superb, it takes great photo's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

yeah the only reason i bought these was because the binos were so clear i knew they were old and i was surprised, they are as clear as my modern tasco 10x42's i was told these were pre-1920's so that's pretty impressive