MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need some info on this bottle

Article about: by frenchy Hello No it does not have a hook on the strap .So you are telling me that i can use a cover for a regular bottle called m31? Thanks for your help Frenchy Army medic's canteens hav

Default need some info on this bottle

Hello first time here and i was wondering if somebody can give me some info on this . i went to visit a friend in normandie and they gave me this bottle with the strap and they only told me it was from the ww2 as they kept these in their house . What bother me is there is a number on the bottle O.H.W 39 and on the lid it's O.H.W 40

i just started to get some interest in ww2 artifact so i am learning every day Thanks for any info
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need some info on this bottle   need some info on this bottle  

need some info on this bottle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need some info on this bottle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: need some info on this bottle

Hello!

Nice german ww2 canteen. Looks like all belts are present, but no cover on the canteen. Made by "OHW" factory (probably somebody can tell us what exact does it mean - OHW). As I know numbers "39" and "40" mean years of produce.

Pity it is missing the cover.

Don't worry about the miss-matched date: it was most likely made in early 1940 using old stock parts from the previous year.

It will be a larger sized Medics canteen I think as it is on a harness?

Sorry I don't know the makers mark meaning.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks i know a bit more than yesterday i appreciate

Hello,
    It is a 1 liter Sanitäter canteen.
    The Sanitäter had a standard M31 canteen for himself, and this one when on duty. It lacks the special felt cover, which is less common than the standard one but still obtainable. Mismatching on dates is not a problem here, it is very common with this type of canteen.
    Here is a complete one dated 1937
    the cover has special reinforcement felt pieces at the top (under the cup) and at the back (oval felt piece)
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images need some info on this bottle  need some info on this bottle 

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

thanks for the info JPhilip
    is there a place online i can go and buy the cover for it ? or once it 's out there is no way of finding one ?

I just got myself a brand new magnifier and i was checking my items and i found some more marking on the cup and on the strap but there is something inside the cup that looks like an initial and a number made by hand .
    I was wondering if some of you can make anything out of it .
    Thanks
    Frenchy

another pic i am having a hard time taking a pic of it

Frenchy

When I first saw this canteen in your album I told you it's of DRK (Deutsher Rotes Kreutz= German Red Cross), but now it looks like regural Wehrmacht/SS medic's bottle. I've seen two of DRK in my hands and both had only numeric markings, not OHW or ESB or whatever letter code. I'm not even sure if the drinking cups for DRK were painted, because mostly the paramilitary ones were mostly unpainted. So I'm pretty sure your canteen is of army medic's. Deos it have a hook on the back side attached to the middle strap?

Hello
    No it does not have a hook on the strap .So you are telling me that i can use a cover for a regular bottle called m31?
    Thanks for your help
    Frenchy
    Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    When I first saw this canteen in your album I told you it's of DRK (Deutsher Rotes Kreutz= German Red Cross), but now it looks like regural Wehrmacht/SS medic's bottle. I've seen two of DRK in my hands and both had only numeric markings, not OHW or ESB or whatever letter code. I'm not even sure if the drinking cups for DRK were painted, because mostly the paramilitary ones were mostly unpainted. So I'm pretty sure your canteen is of army medic's. Deos it have a hook on the back side attached to the middle strap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast