Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New member and new purchase: gas mask and can

Article about: i just recently purchased a can and mask new to the forum not shure how to post pics for questions sorry if i did this the wrong way but i think its a great find and wanted other opinionstha

?

Default New member and new purchase: gas mask and can

i just recently purchased a can and mask new to the forum not shure how to post pics for questionsNew member and new purchase: gas mask and canNew member and new purchase: gas mask and can sorry if i did this the wrong way but i think its a great find and wanted other opinionsthanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New member and new purchase: gas mask and can   New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  

New member and new purchase: gas mask and can   New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member and new purchase: gas mask and can
    P
    Many

Default Re: New member and new purchase: gas mask and can

Hello Barry,
    It looks like a nice and clean GM38 and M38 canister.....congrats for this find.
    Unfortunatly the carrying strap is postwar Bundeswehr...you need a genuine strap to replace this one...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi, its in excellent condition, very clean.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Very nice the mask and canister are getting hard to come buy in this conditon good to see the spare lenses there in there original packet .

Regards Mark K

?

thanks all it put a smile to my face when i found it sitting on the table at a gun show so my ouestion is do i store it in the can or out for the rest of its life thinking of getting a mask spaner i think thats what its called put it in display case bad or good idea thanks.

?

Hi Barry I have two one is out on display and the other is stored in its canister attached to my Heer soldat the one on display I have behind glass just to keep the dust of of it . They display well either way in my opinion.

Regards Mark K

?

how hard is it to find the correct strap for the canister and how will i know one when i see it are they the ones with leather on them.thanks

?

http://www.collectorsguild.comSorry for the long delay in reply Barry I will post some photos of gasmask canisters for you to look at photo #1 is a picture of one of my gasmask canisters and the short strap was field repaired using the belt hook from a feldbuse .As far as finding original straps for your canister I have seen them come up on Ebay from time to time as well as empty canisters. But you must be carefull of reproductions if you find one post photos first before purchasing.The Collectors Guild has a whole section dedicated to them I will post a link here for you as well.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New member and new purchase: gas mask and can   New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  

Attached Images Attached Images New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  New member and new purchase: gas mask and can  New member and new purchase: gas mask and can 
    Last edited by Mark K; 11-10-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: add info

?

wow ok thanks but the link was a blank page for me you guys are cool thanks