Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

Article about: Hey guys, nothing too interesting, but just wanted to share a new piece of kit/gear, Maker marked 1943 Zelt that I got today. Planning on using it for a display as a poncho. It is a 43 piece

?

Default New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

Hey guys, nothing too interesting, but just wanted to share a new piece of kit/gear, Maker marked 1943 Zelt that I got today. Planning on using it for a display as a poncho. It is a 43 piece in good condition, marked "A.P. Schmidt Mühlhausen in Thüringen 1943". No RbNr number

What I thought was cool about this one is that it has nice and bright colors like the early ones, and doesn't have the steel buttons. Zinc buttons. There is a shade of yellow on it near all the drawsrtings, somewhat like the color of swiss zelts. (no, it doesn not have the swiss raindrop pattern)
    Feel free to have a look or post yours. Anyone ever heard of this maker on any other zelts or field gear?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn   New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn  

New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn   New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn  

New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn   New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn  

New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Default Re: New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zelt

Very nice! The colours certainly haven't faded much have they? If you don't mind my asking, where did you get this one and how much did you pay for it? I've been looking for a good one for a while now and yours is very nice!

Default Re: New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zelt

very nice piece !

Default Re: New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn

Great looking piece Bill! Awesome pattern. Best Regards!

A very nice example Bill!
    Congrats on finally finding the one that you were after.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks guys! I appreciate you looking
    Panzersaurus, yes the colors are still very vibrant......which is one of the things I was looking for actually. They are not an expensive item, especially if you find one that doesn't need to be shipped internationally! On average I saw them ranging from $80 to $140 depending on quality/date/etc etc. I will say that it is a bit harder to find one in above average condition. But if you don't mind repairs/missing buttons, you will be able to find one for a good price. Luckily this one is complete.

?

Here is one of the sellers photos, which shows that yellowish shade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New piece of gear - 1943 maker marked Zeltbahn  

Thanks Bill!

Lovely rich colours, but for me I prefer a good colour/shade variation to the reverse.
    I still wouldn't pass on this very fine example- early 43 hey.
    Couple of pics of my 4 zelts + a comparison between German and Swiss
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-14-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added text & pics

Nice shelter quarter. Renae I like your comparison picture I have one like yours with metal buttons and one with Bakelite buttons they say the bakelite are later war. timothy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast