Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nora Luftwaffe radio

Article about: Guys,,are these radios real period pieces,,,I mean were the eagles really on there during wartime,,or do you think these things were prettied up after the war?? Does anyone have or ever seen

?

Default Nora Luftwaffe radio

Guys,,are these radios real period pieces,,,I mean were the eagles really on there during wartime,,or do you think these things were prettied up after the war??

Does anyone have or ever seen period photos of these?

or know of someone who direct vet acquired one??
    I would really like to know,,some say these have really only been around 10 years or so???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nora Luftwaffe radio  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nora Luftwaffe radio
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nora Luftwaffe radio

I cannot comment on the radio in question as it is really outside my knowledge. But eagles on radio sets are original and wartime, that much I do know.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Niblet View Post
    Guys,,are these radios real period pieces,,,I mean were the eagles really on there during wartime,,or do you think these things were prettied up after the war??

Does anyone have or ever seen period photos of these?

or know of someone who direct vet acquired one??
    I would really like to know,,some say these have really only been around 10 years or so???

Hi Niblet,

On first appearances, i thought that this radio had been tarted up to be something it isn't, to fool collectors of 3rd Reich equipment.

But i got curious after Ade said the decals were real. Why put real ones on to an old radio set? Anyway, after a bit of digging, i found this, K62 Radio Nora . Unbelievably, it's genuine!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

ned,
    thanks for the link,,i have seen that as well,,
    but thats still not really the proof I need,,,,I need to see a period photo to make me a true believer,,,

Don't ask me where I saw it, but I am certain I have seen a wartime pic of one of these together with a group of Luftwaffe airmen.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Niblet,

A bit more coroborating info:- Google Image Result for http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/Images2005/03Radio5lge.gif

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Another, Siemens this time, but remarkably similar don't you think? Google Image Result for http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/images/095fe14-1.jpg

Regards, Ned.

This is the real thing! I have seen a few of them, my father was a radiorepairman for German Grundig, so, naturally i got interested in radios. And he is a hamradio operator so, the whole thing came naturally. Beleve me, this is an original... Ill buy it anyday ^^
    Great find, these are rare. All I have is an Volksempfenger... Jelous
    You cant fake bakelite... its uniqe

eddiek
    ?

How much is that radio worth to a collector?
    Or in an auction?

?

Interesting question,,,the short answer is: Not as much as they are pricing them at! I see these on dealers sites for 2-3 thousand dollars,,,,,

I had a guy willing to sell me a mint one for 800.00,,,,even that I felt was too high
    thats just my personal opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast