MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Wooden German Eagle

Article about: Here is an odd Wooden German Eagle I picked up, this came from the same collection as all of my WW2 German Radios and Tank Optics. It is very well made as the photos show, I am unsure if thi

?

Default Odd Wooden German Eagle

Here is an odd Wooden German Eagle I picked up, this came from the same collection as all of my WW2 German Radios and Tank Optics.
    It is very well made as the photos show, I am unsure if this is Original, however as it is made of several well fitting pieces I have to wonder.
    I would think that if someone just made it for decoration, they would have made it from one piece.
    What are your thoughts on this.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Odd Wooden German EagleOdd Wooden German EagleOdd Wooden German EagleOdd Wooden German EagleOdd Wooden German Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Wooden German Eagle
    P
    Many

Not got a clue if it's TR era, but by the look of the bare wood on the rear there is some age to it!..

?

Thanks, it is older as the screws are of the period, and as I said, the several pieces are well fitted.
    I have said many times on this forum that I am not a WW2 German collector so I know very little about this sort of thing. I just seem to keep coming across WW2 German items, all large bits, never badges or medals.
    Odd that!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Hello Dean,
    I would guess a home made piece, and judging by the shape of the eagle, probably someone who was involved in some way with Heer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi
    Cannot vouch for originality, but it does look good. And would look good on display
    Regards

I agree with Allan etc.

for what its worth,i was in a friends antique shop in Vienna recently,and and was looking through some of his "new arrivals",there was an eagle that was nearly identical to this one,the only difference was that the wings were dovetailed into the body,it had lain in a cellar since 1945 ( lost a good deal of its paint)and was only discovered when someone new bought the house,after seeing that one,and looking at this one,i would say its genuine

?

Thank You Guys!!!, Very interesting story Flak Bunker, it looks like there is hope this may be period.

Dean O.