Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Opinions about a german bread bag

Article about: Hello there, I've just bought this bread bag from a Bulgarian guy. It seems like an original german one, but i have some doughs. Please don't laugh with the buttons! Hehe..Any opinions would

Default Opinions about a german bread bag

Hello there, I've just bought this bread bag from a Bulgarian guy. It seems like an original german one, but i have some doughs. Please don't laugh with the buttons! Hehe..Any opinions would be helpful.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_f.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	577238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_f (1).jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	577239  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_f.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	577240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_f.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	577241  

Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

In combat the Fin soldier could carry more ammunition by the use of the cotton bandolier, as seen in this photograph. It is made of a strong cotton khaki cloth, and has a simple adjustable buckle. The pockets are large enough to carry ten rounds of ammunition in each pocket. The pockets have a flap, which is held closed by a button. Each button is made of metal and painted black. The buttons are all marked with the words, for gentlemen, and appear to be British trouser fly buttons.

Breadbag looks good, other than the buttons obviously.
    cheers, Glenn

Before 43 breadbag buttons replaced. timothy

I have seen lots of odd replacement buttons on field gear and clothing. My Reithose has four different types of buttons! I agree the bag is good and I would not change the buttons. NH

Personally, I would replace the buttons with originals to enhance its future resale value...otherwise a potential buyer will surely point out the incorrect buttons in an attempt to buy it at a cheaper price...A simple task of restoration, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

?

hi - only replace the buttons if you try to sell it.

lots of WW2 Hungarian uniforms (officers' pants, etc.) were made with these "for gentlemen" buttons, so I would say, that they are period replacements - and would keep them...nice bakelite buttons.

THX,
    Fabe

Thanks, Fabe...I was not aware of that, it's my first time seeing such buttons...I assumed they were added postwar, appreciate the clarification, friend!
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you guys for the info. I didn't know anything about the buttons. Very interesting to know that they excisted for real. Only for gentlemans. I think I won't restore it, as it's quite nice with these buttons plus I don't think I'm gonna sell it. Thanks for the advise anyways