Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Spades

Article about: I'm looking into buying 2 straight-edged spades. The first one is in obviously better condition and is being sold as Czech, but it looks as though it could be German (and even if it is Czech

Default Opinions on Spades

I'm looking into buying 2 straight-edged spades. The first one is in obviously better condition and is being sold as Czech, but it looks as though it could be German (and even if it is Czech, as long as it's between 38 and 45 it would've been used by the Heer). Price is $38

The second is being sold as German and unfortunately I don't have better pictures but it's in rough shape. Price is $15

Opinions on Spades
    Opinions on Spades
    Opinions on Spades
    Opinions on Spades

Opinions on Spades
    Opinions on Spades

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Spades
    P
    Many

Hello,
    They're both german....the first one was produced by "ekz"...get this one, it's quite cheap...
    The other one is quite rusted, but it can be fixed and black repainted...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Go away.

And thanks a bunch JPhillip!

A couple of wartime German ET'S as JP states good price the rusty one would clean up some. timothy

Ended up with the nicer of the two. And in extreme rarity (especially for Russia) the seller drove it to my door at no cost!

Opinions on Spades

Opinions on Spades

Opinions on Spades

- - ------- - -

It appears to be Czech reissued post war and has some green paint on it. Thinking about if and how to remove the paint...

Hello,
    I dont know if it was added by the czechs after the war, but the rivet is not original to the spade...i didn't see it in the first set of photos that you posted. Still an original WWII german shovel, with a small rivet added...
    Thanks

Opinions on Spades

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Aha, hm most likely added by the Czechs, but once something comes into Russian possession, anything can happen, so it may have been done here too...