Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original or post war y-strap?

Article about: Hello, I recently bought this Y-strap, the seller said said he was not sure if it is original. The strap on the back looks newer than the rest for sure, but the rest looks like it could be o

Default Original or post war y-strap?

Hello,
    I recently bought this Y-strap, the seller said said he was not sure if it is original. The strap on the back looks newer than the rest for sure, but the rest looks like it could be original. I can't find any markings. Thoughts?
    Original or post war y-strap? Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?Original or post war y-strap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or post war y-strap?
    P
    Many

Y riemen experts will be along in a minute. The fittings look original but perhaps that newer strap has been replaced? Are there any maker marks on it anywhere?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Y riemen experts will be along in a minute. The fittings look original but perhaps that newer strap has been replaced? Are there any maker marks on it anywhere?
    No, I can't find any markings, which is strange since the germans marked basically everything. It might be a czech strap, reworked to look german, since it has some similarities with czech y straps I found online. This one for example: late war y straps or modern copies? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by emineur View Post
    It might be a czech strap
    Hello,
    This exactly what they are...postwar czech
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Indeed, like JP said, post war czech

These are normally brown, this one is painted black, to look like original y straps, but they are easily identified by the x pattern !!

Tom