Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

P38 waffenamt marked magazine and 9mm ammo

Article about: Hi I'm looking to buy a spare magazine for my deactivated p38 and some inert ammo to put in it for display purposes. I've seen a seller selling a waffenamt stamped magazine for £67. He says

?

Default P38 waffenamt marked magazine and 9mm ammo

Hi

I'm looking to buy a spare magazine for my deactivated p38 and some inert ammo to put in it for display purposes. I've seen a seller selling a waffenamt stamped magazine for £67. He says WW2 ones are hard to find (I can buy an unmarked magazine for £20 elsewhere on the internet). My questions are:

1) Is the magazine worth that amount and should I just buy the cheaper unmarked magazine?

2) Can I use any inert 9mm ammo to put in the magazine or does it have to be 9mm parabellum?

Many thanks for any help or advice given.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement P38 waffenamt marked magazine and 9mm ammo
    P
    Many

Do you have a “ac” stamped P38??

Btw, you do need 9mm para

As for value, WaA 359 mags (which are the ones you probably need) are aprox 50 - 80€

Tom

It depends entirely on how accurate you want your display to be. An unmarked postwar magazine will work perfectly well as a display piece, but won't be strictly 'correct'. A wartime magazine will set you back more - and the price you've quoted is about right for a wartime mag - but would be the correct one for the pistol. The same is true of the ammunition. Postwar inert 9mm Parabellum is easy to find and cheap enough. Wartime German ammo costs a lot more, but makes for a far more immersive display.

In the end, it all comes down to personal taste and how much you're willing to spend.

Regards, B.B.

Yep , BB is correct

However, if i can give an advice : if you got the money, invest it in good items which will be more satisfying, and keeps it’s value..... if you have to save up for it, do so......

I’m speaking out of experience...... i used to be impatient, and buy things although they were of inferior quality just because i couldn’t wait ....

Here some pics of my setup just for fun.... all is original of course

And here some shots of the mag

First is a jvd marked one, and the second came with the gun (WaA 359 which is the correct proof for the Walther factory

Tom

I posted my AC43 marked P38 about a year ago. Luckily, when I purchased it the magazine was matching. Good advice from Tom - don't spend your money on post war items. Unless an item is incredibly rare and expensive, it pays to get an original example. Magazines are not rare and you can find one in the right price range. Good luck - update us on your progress. Neil

I would also buy and display it with an original mag as well.
    Nice display Tom
    John