Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942

Article about: Nice lanterns regardless if they "voted" or not. Luke

Default A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942

alright....bought a pair of lanterns ...handheld type..both With the name Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942 on top , on the back it has the eagle logo clutching a swaztika in a circle..(not the luftwaffe eagle)....on either side of the small logo it has D then a R ...What does the D R stand for ?

Also...does anyone know the value of these? I have never seen a pair exaclty like these...at least not yet ! The only ones close to them I have found only in Germany sale sites, not in the United States or anywhere else..are these rare ? Very cuious pieces thus why I felt I'd only regret it if I didn't get them!

THANKS FOR THE HELP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942   A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942  

A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942   A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Pair of Nazi Lanterns Found Erger&Blickle Nurnberg 1942

Hard to tell with this pictures but they look good to me.
    WW2 german railway lanterm.
    chris

Standard WWII era German Railroad Carbide lamps in nice shape. Not hugely rare or valuable but definitely collectable. Excellent find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

DR Deutsche railway.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Hard to tell with this pictures but they look good to me.
    WW2 german railway lanterm.
    chris

Thanks for the help! I paid 200$ (us dollars) for the pair...was that a fair deal ?

$100 a piece is a good price. They can go nearly double that on a good day.
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Standard WWII era German Railroad Carbide lamps in nice shape. Not hugely rare or valuable but definitely collectable. Excellent find!
    Thanks for the help! I haven't ever looked into the railway field of collecting !

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    DR Deutsche railway.
    chris
    Hello,
    It is rather Deutsche Reichsbahn than Deutsche railway...
    Concerning the title of the thread, how do we know that those lantern are nazis....do we have any evidence that they voted for the NSDAP in 1933 ?
    IMO something like german lanterns from nazi era would be more appropriate....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Concerning the title of the thread, how do we know that those lantern are nazis....do we have any evidence that they voted for the NSDAP in 1933 ?
    IMO something like german lanterns from nazi era would be more appropriate....
    Thanks
    I ABSOLUTELY 2nd that!Looks like labeling an item as "Nazi" would make it more attractive while in fact it wouldn't!
    Given that they arent WH-issue,hence definitely NOT WW2, "German lantern from the Nazi era" would be much more correct and appropriate!
    My 0.02

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    True! We have no idea if these 2 lanterns voted in the 1933 elections, but it is suspected that they may well have been Supporters, if not voters, as they are both proudly showing off their eagle and swastika badges!
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast