Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?

Article about: are these two boxes original or postwar? I really cannot tell. and do not have photos of markings.

Default pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?

are these two boxes original or postwar? I really cannot tell. and do not have photos of markings. pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?

I believe these are postwar Yugoslavian made.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

how can you tell??

?

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by 1stSSLSSAHTexas View Post
    are these two boxes original or postwar? I really cannot tell. and do not have photos of markings. pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?
    These are WWI MG08 cans, you can tell by the rivets. WWII and post war cans were spot welded.

What would they go for each in this shape? Or perhaps even in a pair. I think I paid $100 for both.
    And this is original paint as well?

Default Original German made ammo tins

I have attached some pictures of some original German ammo tins. Some have original paint others have been repainted in post war military service but all are German original tins. I am sure you can find tins closer to home that are original but if not let me know and I may be able to help you with a couple. I also have the original ww.2 German marked leader tabs and belts to go witht them. If you look around originals are out there for sure. Some people collect mint almost unused tins but I prefer ones that look like they have been used. Here in Jersey, Channel Islands there were 1000's of them at the end of the Occupation as you may imagine and most people used them for tool boxes etc.
    All theb est from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?   pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?  

pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?   pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?  

pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?
    Quote by 1stSSLSSAHTexas View Post
    What would they go for each in this shape? Or perhaps even in a pair. I think I paid $100 for both.
    And this is original paint as well?
    I am a WWII mg 34/42 Guy. I have a display MG34 and a Semi MG42 I built from a German Parts Kit. I collect MG34 and MG42 stuff. I use Yugo M53 parts when I go shooting, I don't want to damage the German WWII parts. The riveted can's I have seen a few times and were not produced during or after WWII. More common is the wood MG08 ammo boxes. They sell for about $300 US.

I think a $100 was a good deal.
    Last edited by usmc1984; 08-03-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: add photo

Default Mg.34's

I am into MG.34 kit as well, all sorts from gunners kits, armourers kits, stands, lafettes, zwillingssockel.... in fact almost anything 34 related.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pair of original MG34/MG42 ammo can?  

Nice collection...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast