Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paratrooper Map case

Article about: Hello, Paratroopers did not have a specific type of mapcase...they used normal ones....M35 or M37 in brown chocolate, light Brown or black colour, plus mapcases made for the Luftwaffe only w

?

Default Paratrooper Map case

I picked this up this today thinking just map case. I then showed it to a friend who said he thought it was paratrooper. Can anybody ID this case. Thank for any help Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper Map case   Paratrooper Map case  

Paratrooper Map case   Paratrooper Map case  

Paratrooper Map case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paratrooper Map case
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Paratrooper Map case

nobody

I don't necessarily see it as a paratrooper one - just a period map case. Hard to pin these down to being military also as they were sold generally for hikers / general map containers etc....

A nice looking item however and good to see the strap with it ( issue ones usually went on the belt via loops )
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

i see no marking to identify this as a map case used by paratroopers it looks period but could be issued between the 1920s and 1950s but i would doubt their is any conection to a paratrooper !

It looks similar to Russian or Polish cases.

?

Thanks guys for looking this case also came with a note telling who brought it back. Note said it was picked up in Africa and carried by the vet for the rest of the war. Note is dated from 1992 . Gary

BM = Bundermarine? 1951?

not a match for any WWII German examples I have ever seen. similar to Italian versions, but not the same, though it has been a while since I have seen an Italian version.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I agree with the others, no real connection to paratroopers here I think, just looks like a typical map case to me. To be honest I am not sure if its german even but I am not an expert on map cases at all. Looks like a decent case though

Jason

?

Guys thanks for looking for the price I paid for this and some other its it was very very cheap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast