MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Personal effects

Article about: I start this thread with a niche topic: personal effects of the german infantryman during WW2. The items I'll post are mainly dug, but if you have more things to add you're welcome metal raz

?

Default Personal effects

I start this thread with a niche topic: personal effects of the german infantryman during WW2. The items I'll post are mainly dug, but if you have more things to add you're welcome

metal razor, found in a gebirgsjäger camp

detail

bakelite razor

aluminium soap box

bakelite butterdose (I'm looking for an orange one for my collection! )

end of part 1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personal effects
    P
    Many

Default Re: Personal effects

Hi Matt , very nice collection of personal items , im starting to get interested more in these myself , they show another side of life for the combat soldier , looking forward to seeing more , cheers Raymond

Here is a bar of Heer issue soap. Found on the Channel Islands many years ago.

The soap is quite course and gritty in texture.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal effects  

Small private purchase sewing kit. Retailed under the name of the "Comrades help"

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal effects  

Wartime "Scho Ka Kola" chocolate tin and original contents.

Even though the chocolate is now white with age it still smells really good!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal effects   Personal effects  

Personal effects   Personal effects  

Wartime Dutch cigarettes made from home grown tabacco.

People were encouraged to grow tabacco at home; they then sold the leaves to a the company to make this "Amateur Cigarettes" brand.

Still full and unopened. I often wonder how things like this survive? Tabacco was a very valueable product in 1945 and became better than money in many European countries ravaged by war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Personal effects 

Great collection Adrian , i would say there wouldnt be many blocks of the soap around today , you mention its quite corse and gritty , i remember as a kid we had soap like that it was called sand soap, i remember getting scrubed with , not the greatest . cheers mate Raymond

I beg them smokes would be strong Ade (but not as strong as them Russian one you had a Muckleburgh)
    Ben

Some eating irons.

Hi Raymond, I think this was a multi purpose soap that you could use on the body as well as on clothes.

Hi Ben, Lez still has a few Russian smokes which she keeps for use at shows.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personal effects   Personal effects  

Personal effects  

?

Nice collection Ade.

Cheers

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast