Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pioniere equipment leather axe pouch?!

Article about: In barn find such items. Ok, according to shovel- i understand war time pioniere 1944 item But need your opinion about leather axe pouch!! its a german wehrmacht, firmeman item? there are no

?

Default Pioniere equipment leather axe pouch?!

In barn find such items.
    Ok, according to shovel- i understand war time pioniere 1944 item
    But need your opinion about leather axe pouch!! its a german wehrmacht, firmeman item?
    there are no any markings on it.

thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!   Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!  

Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!   Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!  

Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!   Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!
    P
    Many

I'm curious about the issue axe as well. To my knowledge it was issued to Pioneer and Communcation troops. You can see one in use on the belt of the soldiers on the right. Note the large, circular section of the Ledertasche and the retainer at the bottom. The other items on their belt and pack include the small switchboard, grounding stake and three part cable poles. The stamp (821) and the shape of the retainer tab suggest the item you posted is not German. I defer to others with more knowledge. NH

Pioniere equipment  leather axe pouch?!

Tom may be able to comment on the Pioneer axe with pouch. A google search had some photos he posted a while back on another forum. This one may be a civilian example or one from another army. NH
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 06-02-2015 at 03:34 AM.

?

What kind of boots are these soldiers wearing? I've never seen German boots with three buckles down the side.

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    What kind of boots are these soldiers wearing? I've never seen German boots with three buckles down the side.
    Are they part of the boot or a separate leather gamaschen?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Are they part of the boot or a separate leather gamaschen?
    I can't tell... Either way, I have not seen anything like them before...

They look to be wearing leather shin guards or Greaves. There is another term for these used by cavalry but the name escapes me. Looks like they are being worn with low boots. I'm guessing these are experimental or transitional boots with leather Greaves or some kind of short lived issue style. I'm not thinking cavalry because the soldiers on the right have the items for a small phone squad. They were always on foot. NH

?

thanks for info.
    yes, i check in i-net, there are several types of axe pouches. Nieten and schnall looks like german type.
    perhaps bundeswehr? Im sure, that its not a soviet are, pouch is very good made.

Hi
    Just a quick response for now

The carrier shown is post war, easy to identify because the rough side of the leather is the undyed (unpainted) side

Probably fireman but I can't rule out military use

As for the shovel, no idea, but not german as well as far as I can see

Tom

?

thanks TOM!
    shovel is REd army, russia. its russia type & have slavic lettter markings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast