Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Plate/Saucer

Article about: Hi guys, I suppose this is the right place for this thread, bit of as hard one to place. This belongs to a friend of mine. It used to be owned by his Uncle "Erwin" who was actually

Default Plate/Saucer

Hi guys, I suppose this is the right place for this thread, bit of as hard one to place. This belongs to a friend of mine. It used to be owned by his Uncle "Erwin" who was actually part of Rommels staff in Afrika. He was interested if he could trace the history of it etc, where it was made, was it part of any unit. Anyone collect stuff like this? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plate/Saucer   Plate/Saucer  

Plate/Saucer  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Plate/Saucer
    P
    Many

Default Re: Plate/Saucer

Hi Ben, I just noticed this old thread. Sorry I cannot tell much about it other than about the makers. This type of china was issued thoughout the Wehrmacht and the markings on it have nothing to do with the unit it was issued too.

Selb Bavaria Heinrich Co bone china. The Heinrich & Company was in Selb, Bavaria. Franz Heinrich established this factory in 1896. The exact mark shown was used from 1930 to 1939. The company, which continues to operate under the name Heinrich Porzellan, became a subsidiary of Villeroy & Boch in 1979.

Nice bit of history with the item though.

Cheers, Ade.

Many thanks for that Ade, I will pass this info PS your mate has not rung yet?
    Ben

Cool thanks for sharing

Nice item but it is impossible to tell anything about history of the unit it was used. There are Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, RAD, MdA and also Waffen SS marked plates but actually during the war it did not mattered at all how Your plate was marked. I have some plates from SS training camp but they are all Wehrmacht marked and some years ago I got nice Kriegsmarine plates from old villige person 200 km away from the sea (his father picked this stuff up after Germans leave in 1944). So it is possible Your plate was used in DAK but it is also possible that it was not.

?

I'll be in a similar position soon enough; I've found a guy selling a large serving dish emblazoned with the Luftwaffe symbol on the base, but know nothing about its origin. I'm not certain as to the issue of these items but they're desirable enough!

?

Nice, collectable pieces that make good inexpensive display items. If you look in the right places, you can pick up a knife, fork and plate for about 50-60 GBP. That's about the same as you can pay for dinner at a good restaurant, so all in all...its a good deal in my opinion.

Hmmm, now where did I put my Kriegsmarine cutlery...? After all, it is lunchtime...

Regards,

Carl