Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Please help id what's left of this holster!

Article about: Stopped at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and bought a few pieces of US WWII military insignia. The guy I bought them from was the kid brother to the vet who brought them back. This fel

?

Default Please help id what's left of this holster!

Stopped at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and bought a few pieces of US WWII military insignia. The guy I bought them from was the kid brother to the vet who brought them back. This fellow also told me about a holster he had that his brother sent home to him around 1945. Being a kid and not knowing that in another 50 years it could be worth something, he decided to cut it down to fit his toy six-shooter. As we all know real cowboys don't have flaps on their holsters!

Here are a couple of photos of the holster. I assume its German by the Schneider Brieg markings. But other than that I can't tell if it was for a Luger, Walther or some other pistol. Also I can not find a date on it. I collect primarily US, so my knowledge of the finer points of German collectibles is greatly lacking. I would appreciate any info!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOLSTER.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	55322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOLSTER NAME.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	55323  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help id what's left of this holster!

It looks like a luger holster I don't remember if its police or military . Alot of GIs did this to the holsters it was easier to get the pistol out and sometimes the pull strap broke. I have a holster that I bought from a vets family and that was what the GI did to it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luger 001.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	55339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luger 003.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	252.3 KB 
ID:	55340  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luger 004.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	55341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luger 002.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	55342  

?

Thanks Gary! I wish mine had a little more leather (like the flap!) left on it. I like the look of your veteran cut-down.

As mine is brown in color, could it have been a WWI holster?

?

Beast it could be WW1 or WWII Luft. Somebody cut alittle to much off. Still a cool item. I bet some of the luger guys could tell you alot more. Gary