Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help idenitify this strange spoon.

Article about: I'm fairly convinced it is German because it has German chicken sctraches on it--one says "Machs gut Alter", etc... I can't read the rest before I get some silly putty. But, seriou

Legato_lover
    ?

Default Please help idenitify this strange spoon.

I'm fairly convinced it is German because it has German chicken sctraches on it--one says "Machs gut Alter", etc... I can't read the rest before I get some silly putty. But, seriously, where is this spoon from? It doesn't look like the typical army spoons.

Does anyone know what that little engraving says? I can't even figure out the cursive. I can't get my camera to take a better photo. But, beside that, it says -.88.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help idenitify this strange spoon.   Please help idenitify this strange spoon.  

Please help idenitify this strange spoon.  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Please help idenitify this strange spoon.

The German's captured and used whatever they could find.Depending on where it was found it could be anybody's spoon.Most likely taken from a house hold as it is not Military issue.Still a nice relic though with the German writing and worth translating it into english to tell us what it say's
    Nice work

Tom