Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please identify this item

Article about: Hello everyone, as my first post, I will try asking for assistance in identifying this item (see picture). It was found at a site of the 1940 fighting between German and Norwegian forces in

Larson
    ?

Default Please identify this item

Hello everyone,
    as my first post, I will try asking for assistance in identifying this item (see picture). It was found at a site of the 1940 fighting between German and Norwegian forces in the Narvik area. Not sure if this is German or Norwegian, but it was found (and remains where it laid) at a German stronghold that was later overrun by the Norwegians, so most likely German. The cartridges next to it are either 6,5x55 or 7,92x57, just to indicate the size of it. To me it looks like something for height/angle adjustment but I cant find any accurate info on it. Any tips/help greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please identify this item  

2. # ADS

First of all, welcome to the forum !!!

Looks like the aiming device from the Gewehr Granat Gerät.... But i'm not sure

Tom

Larson
    ?

Hi Tom,
    thanks!, and thanks a lot for the tip on the GGG. I did some "googling" and found some very good closeups (see attached example), and although very similar in many ways, doesnt exactly match. Could be a similar type for similar usage (e.g for the Norwegian Krag-Jørgensen rifle). Maybe I will just have to go back to the site and examine more closely, check for markings etc... I didnt even touch it when I found it:-) Not exactly an expert relic-hunter...Please identify this item