Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Eagle Marked German Camera

Article about: Hi All, I picked up this camera at a local antique market today. It is a model 1909 Huttig A.G. plate camera. The interesting thing about this camera, as you will see in the photos below, is

?

Default Political Eagle Marked German Camera

Hi All,
    I picked up this camera at a local antique market today. It is a model 1909 Huttig A.G. plate camera.

The interesting thing about this camera, as you will see in the photos below, is the political eagle sticker on the back of the camera.

I'm fairly confident that this is not an authentic sticker however I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. The sticker appears to have been hand cut as evident by the uneven edges. Also, by the 30's and 40's, camera's had advanced beyond this style of camera, so it would seem odd that this would have been used in an official manner as there were far superior camera's available.

If anyone can help in determining if this is authentic, or post war fantasy, I would appreciate it. The person selling it wasn't trying to pass it off as TR item so I don't have a whole lot invested into it ($20 - Which is a little above what most of these antique cameras will go for). With that said, feel free to be blunt with me.

Thanks in advance!

Political Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German CameraPolitical Eagle Marked German Camera

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Eagle Marked German Camera
    P
    Many

Default Re: Political Eagle Marked German Camera

An interesting camera - 620 roll film possibly ?

The logo looks to be a later hand-cut addition by a sympathizer,
    possibly, but hard to say for sure if it was TR period applied.

I have a couple of antique cameras, including a 1930's
    Kodak with lens made by 'Schneider - Krueznach'.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the reply, Steve. It gives me a shimmer of hope but I'll continue to take it for what it is; a cool display piece.

I'm not big into cameras (last thing my wife wants to hear is that I took on another hobby) but a buddy of mine is an avid collector so I've picked up bits of information from him. Mainly that most of these old cameras aren't too valuable.

I do however know Leica's are always the ones to be on the lookout for, and know the German's used them pretty regularly during the Third Reich. I also know Nazi marked ones exist, but are often faked. As for this camera, I figured why not take the chance!

With respect to film, I'm not sure. My buddy is going to take a look at it tomorrow and will hopefully be able to give me more details as he has quite the library on antique cameras. I tried researching online but there isn't much info on this model, at least that I could find.

At $20, this is not bad for one of these old babies.

If the bellows are free of holes and the film advance knobs function,
    it may still take good photos, if you can still get film............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The bellows are free of holes and the shutter still functions. Film on the other hand can be an issue, although there is a shop near me that sells a variety of old style film. There is however a way around shooting photos without obtaining the film. The same buddy I mentioned above accomplishes this by shooting his digital camera through the view finder or shutter of an antique camera. He's created some pretty nice shots using this method, mostly with Brownie box cameras. I assume the same idea would work on these style cameras.