Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Postwar German breadbag?

Article about: I believe this to be a postwar breadbag. (Stuff like these items are not in my knowledge zone as much as mess kits and personal items) So I am not to sure. I know how to tell from original t

Default Postwar German breadbag?

I believe this to be a postwar breadbag. (Stuff like these items are not in my knowledge zone as much as mess kits and personal items) So I am not to sure. I know how to tell from original to postwar breadbags sometimes. But this seems to be quite close. Perhaps a very early postwar with original three hole dishpan buttons? Not to sure. Pictures below

I did not pay to much at all. $10.00 USD. I liked the way it looked. I tend to collect mainly WW2 militaria but this was interesting to me.

Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?Postwar German breadbag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postwar German breadbag?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Postwar German breadbag?

Extra pocket inside is postwar DDR as far as I know.

Most probably DDR for certain.....the West German Bundeswehr did not continue with this design post war.......but the Police and emergency services (THW/Red Cross) did ! They tended to be green or grey in colour.
    Prost ! Steve.

Correct early DDR later ones are more grey they all have the inner pocket. DDR BW that is. timothy