Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Private German cutlery set?

Article about: I'm going through some boxes of stuff Ive collected over the years, and came across this DRP marked cutlery set. I looked it up on The Collector's Guild site, but found noting the same. Judg

Default Private German cutlery set?

I'm going through some boxes of stuff Ive collected over the years, and came across this DRP marked cutlery set.
    I looked it up on The Collector's Guild site, but found noting the same. Judging on the markings I would say it is German, but is it just a plain private purchase or is it a Italian standars issue?
    I say Italian because I got it years ago of an Italian man who told me it belonged to his father or grand father (cant remember) whom fought in the war with the Germans in Italy. It is marked Rostfrei Solingen on the knife, and the personal name of a soldier Frisia.
    The spoon is marked DRP on the reverse. Had it for many years, forgot all about it untill I found it again today.
    As I recall the Italian soldier was fighting in a German unit, not sure if it was a SS unit.
    Thanks for any input!
    Attached Images Attached Images Private German cutlery set?  Private German cutlery set?  Private German cutlery set? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private German cutlery set?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Private German cutlery set?

I haven't seen a pair like them usually DRP is Deutsche Reich Patent but Frisia looks Italian could be Italian made patented or distributed in Germany. timothy