Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question reg. Entrenching Tools...

Article about: Thank you Tom. When you say "Swiss, Dutch etc" do you mean post war then? Regards, Lars

?

Default Re: Question reg. Entrenching Tools...

Thank you Tom. When you say "Swiss, Dutch etc" do you mean post war then?

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question reg. Entrenching Tools...
    P
    Many

No, also pre-war , and war-time (but also post war)

Here a picture of some of mine including a dutch spade , polish, and austrian - and czech spade (lower row from left to right)

You can see the rings and rivets (except on the dutch which is covered by cloth)

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Great info - I am looking on to add an entrenching tool with a carrier to my display.
    I keep finding mainly "captured" pieces. Would be it correct to use a non German piece of equipment, since captured equipment was widely used. My dummy "Hans" is meant to represent second line soldier in Silesia in 1945.
    Thanks and sorry if I hijacked the thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question reg. Entrenching Tools...  

?

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Great info - I am looking on to add an entrenching tool with a carrier to my display.
    I keep finding mainly "captured" pieces. Would be it correct to use a non German piece of equipment, since captured equipment was widely used. My dummy "Hans" is meant to represent second line soldier in Silesia in 1945.
    Thanks and sorry if I hijacked the thread.
    I can say that we find a lot of Reichwehr/WW1 shovels on the Eastern Front around Bryansk, which means the Germans must have used a fair amount of them in WW2. It's the ones with the ring on the handle "carrier".

Regards, Lars

Thanks !

I guess, I will look for a WWI shovel with carrier. Got any for sale ? :-)

?

Unfortunately not. The ones we dig up are in a quite relic state

But since you are in Canada Collectors Guild have some. I have bought a lot of items from them and there have never been problems. They are not very expensive there. A little over 100 Bucks. Here is a link to E-tools The Collector's Guild Their site is acting a little strange right now i can see.

Maybe you can find them cheaper elsewhere?

Regards, Lars

Yes, I seen them :-)
    I just got gas cape pouch from them and next month will look for the tool with carrier.

?

They had them for a while so they will most likely be there next month as well

Regards, Lars

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Yes, I seen them :-)
    I just got gas cape pouch from them and next month will look for the tool with carrier.

Hello,
    show us the rig you're interested in before purchasing it...that's my advice
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Apologies on the bad photo but this was at least 2 years ago. The reichswehr shovel should have an iron cross on the front. As you can see on the top left corner of the shovel.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question reg. Entrenching Tools...  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast