Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Railroad or building eagle

Article about: Hi I came across this railroad car or building eagle for a trade , it doesn't look as crisp as other eagles I've seen but owner believes it to be 100% the markings on back aren't all that cl

Default Railroad or building eagle

Hi I came across this railroad car or building eagle for a trade , it doesn't look as crisp as other eagles I've seen but owner believes it to be 100% the markings on back aren't all that clear and the z in rzm does not have a - threw it , and I'm not sure it should have this marking , I'm new to these eagles and would like your opinion ,the lugs were cut off and drilled out unfortunately .its aprox 24 inch in width . thx Railroad or building eagleRailroad or building eagleRailroad or building eagleRailroad or building eagleRailroad or building eagleRailroad or building eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railroad or building eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Railroad or building eagle

hello, this eagle is a reproduction and a bad one at that,sorry!

I agree, the reverse looks nothing like originals I have seen. That said, I wouldn't mind it on the wall of my room.

Thank you , I'm getting these pix sent to me and it looks like a bad cast , from all the pix I've seen details are crisp even if there has been oxidation,

I agree with the others that this is a poor reproduction. These eagles shouldn't have RZM marked on them.

Luke

Thank you all for your replies , the eagles pictured here just have more detail and are much crisper
    Then the pictures sent to me, again thanks for your input, ill be sharing so of my items shortly, Pete

Hi Pete, I am of a similar opinion to the previous respondents. I stand to be corrected but a, I was surprised to see the "RZM" casting into the reverse but b, perhaps, just perhaps an eagle produced for an NSDAP organisation building may have been passed through the RZM inspectorate system???
    Cheers Michael Ryan

Hi Michael the guy I'm dealing with bought from Ron Maniom auctions who's suppose to be a good auction house at least in the past , he's owned for 10+ years, but the pictures I received don't look like any eagles posted on here, the quality of these are very detailed, this one is just not as crisp, it hasn't been cleaned but even the lettering on the back isn't that clear, thx

Manion's stinks. They have offered bogus or post war stuff marked as WWII original many times over. NH

Old cast repo been around for years sorry knew a lot of collector friends who bought them. timothy