Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Re: Ammo pouches

Article about: Hello there.. Does anyone know about this awful looking pouch ?? Seems late war by the date and the color is dreadful.. Any chance it was a result of lack of materials on the Reichs effort o

?

Default Re: Ammo pouches

Hello there..
    Does anyone know about this awful looking pouch ??
    Seems late war by the date and the color is dreadful..
    Any chance it was a result of lack of materials on the Reichs effort or another reason...
    Also, it came with a Buckle and belt... I believe a Luftwaffe.... thanks M..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Re: Ammo pouches   Re: Ammo pouches  

Re: Ammo pouches   Re: Ammo pouches  

Re: Ammo pouches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: Ammo pouches
    P
    Many

I read that WaA as '655', which if my eyes are correct, has no place on a leather strap; making this item rather suspect.

-Scharfschütze

?

So, In your opinion what does that mean ? And also, I will look WaA 655 up.. I have no idea as of yet and really didn't delve into it that much... I was more interested in the Belt and Buckle that came with it..
    I look forward to hearing from you...And thanks for any and all input you may have regarding this item....M

WaA 655 appears on K98k rifles and P08 pistols manufactured by Mauserwerk Obendorf from '39 to '41 as well as, I believe, on some bayonets, which is why it suggests this pouch may well be a fabrication and not a genuine wartime piece.

-Scharfschütze

?

Ok, Yes I just verified that as well...Hmmmmm...The buckle and belt were just fine...I don't feel that bad about it... After all, it was the belt/buckle I wanted... Thanks for all your knowledge....M

As you say, it was the belt and buckle you were after so you haven't lost out; anything more would have been a bonus. Glad I could be of some help.

-Scharfschütze