Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands

Article about: This box of bits and pieces recently turned up on my door step a few months ago. I returned home to find it sat there waiting for me. A chap I know had found it and knew of my interest and b

Default Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands

This box of bits and pieces recently turned up on my door step a few months ago. I returned home to find it sat there waiting for me. A chap I know had found it and knew of my interest and brought it round for me to see and buy off him. I made an offer which he was delighted with and I got the box of bits. I have a liking for anything MG.34 so this was right up my street. The blank firing barrel was looking well worse for wear but after a few hours of careful cleaning it has turned into a really great item. The other 2 pieces which grabbed my attention were the gauges for checking the straightness of the MG.34 barrel jacket, the only shame being that they are both the same ie, not a pair but the same pieces from 2 pairs if that makes sense. Again well pleased to have them and they also cleaned up nicely.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands   Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands  

Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands   Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands  

Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands   Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands  

Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recently found box of bits and pieces in Jersey, Channel Islands

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    This box of bits and pieces recently turned up on my door step a few months ago. I returned home to find it sat there waiting for me. A chap I know had found it and knew of my interest and brought it round for me to see and buy off him. I made an offer which he was delighted with and I got the box of bits. I have a liking for anything MG.34 so this was right up my street. The blank firing barrel was looking well worse for wear but after a few hours of careful cleaning it has turned into a really great item. The other 2 pieces which grabbed my attention were the gauges for checking the straightness of the MG.34 barrel jacket, the only shame being that they are both the same ie, not a pair but the same pieces from 2 pairs if that makes sense. Again well pleased to have them and they also cleaned up nicely.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Thats a cracking box of bits youve got there and well done for acquiring them as i can see some real gems including the 20mm Flak38 round! Thanks for showing them. Best Regards, Tim.

Greetings from USA! I discovered your good fortune while surfing the net looking for MG34 bits and pieces. Those two identical gauges are actually for checking the height of the rear sight of the MG 34! I have a very nice example of the MG 34 and am always looking for the accessories to go with it! Could you be interested in parting with one of them? And do you have other MG34 trinkits?

Hi shooterike,
    Please email me at damienhorn1@gmail.com and I can forward you some pictures which may be of interest.
    d.

Forgetting what is inside, the box alone would have made me drool.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Forgetting what is inside, the box alone would have made me drool.........!
    That's what I was just thinking. lol

?

Great box of pieces .