MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reitstiefel mystery

Article about: This pair of Reitstiefel marked Helix Reitstiefel für den Kenner and Grand Prix 1937 may or may not be WWII vintage. Additionally, they are marked 41 6 and have Continental rubber heels. I r

Default Reitstiefel mystery

This pair of Reitstiefel marked Helix Reitstiefel für den Kenner and Grand Prix 1937 may or may not be WWII vintage. Additionally, they are marked 41 6 and have Continental rubber heels. I recognize Continental as a brand that shows up on WWII vintage boots. WWII or not they certainly look great. My main question is about the inserts - they are marked H and V - I assume for right and left. The only language I can find in Europe using these letters is Swedish - Höger = right and Vänster equals left. Apparently, Swedish was also spoken in parts of Finland. I'm wondering how these inserts may have wound up inside German boots. BTW, they were purchased at garage sale for $10.00! And yes - they fit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reitstiefel mystery   Reitstiefel mystery  

Reitstiefel mystery   Reitstiefel mystery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reitstiefel mystery
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reitstiefel mystery

Hello,
    They could be civilian period or postwar.
    The markings look like they are a reminder of a Grand Prix won by the brand in 1937. Who knows when the inserts were put in the boots, it could have been done at any time by the previous owner, a collector, a dealer, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago or wartime....if the boots are wartime of course...i'm not convinced they are
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default Re: Reitstiefel mystery

I agree - they seem to be civilian and post war too. If someone has more information on Helix brand boots perhaps I can date them. I will guess the inserts are Swedish. They sure present well so I'm pleased to have them.