Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

Article about: Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

Default Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

I know this post/thread is pretty old but what you have found is the body of a greasegun. The fitting would be attached to the threaded end. A plunger would protrude from the center hole in the "bottom", the small hole next to it was to allow air to escape when using it. The rectangular hole was for a release lever for the plunger rod.

Hope that helps.

Default Re: Relic found in Crete... Can anyone identify if this is a war time object or not? Is it at all war- related?

While not exactly the one you have there, it was the best example I could find in a quick search. You can see the plunger with "T" handle coming from the bottom and next to the base of that handle, the little "release" lever.

I thought you meant the M3 'greasegun' I was thinking, 'whaaat. I don't see it.....'

Haha, don't we all wish. I probably should have said something about it being the actual tool and not the FUN tool.