Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Relics of the Reich

Article about: I have attached a picture to show some of what I call the "Relics of the Reich" These are all items that have turned up over the years and are frankly past it but still make an int

Default Relics of the Reich

I have attached a picture to show some of what I call the "Relics of the Reich" These are all items that have turned up over the years and are frankly past it but still make an interesting display when put together. The MG.34 was dredged up out of St.Helier harbour here in Jersey in the 1960's. I remember it being on display in St.Peters Bunker Museum here on the Island back when I was 7 years old. I was impressed with it then and even more so now it mine and on display in my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, St.Ouen). Having tried to collect the best condition of everything I can its strange now how I being lured back to the sort of thing I started collecting when I started out.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics of the Reich  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relics of the Reich
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Relics of the Reich

Nice display lad.

very nice display. Must look up your musuem next time I am in Jersey! My mother-in-law's family were there during the occupation and have a small collection of Guernsey Press papers from '44 from them (they moved to England in the 1950s). Always love coming to Jersey, not just for the weather, beaches etc but all the ww2 fortifications still remaining. Thanks for posting

JMM
    ?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I have attached a picture to show some of what I call the "Relics of the Reich" These are all items that have turned up over the years and are frankly past it but still make an interesting display when put together. The MG.34 was dredged up out of St.Helier harbour here in Jersey in the 1960's. I remember it being on display in St.Peters Bunker Museum here on the Island back when I was 7 years old. I was impressed with it then and even more so now it mine and on display in my museum (The Channel Islands Military Museum, St.Ouen). Having tried to collect the best condition of everything I can its strange now how I being lured back to the sort of thing I started collecting when I started out.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    It sure makes a nice display mate. Thanks for showing