Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sand/Dust Goggles

Article about: The instructions have a 42 date bottom right

Default Sand/Dust Goggles

Hello, everyone. I just picked these up today at a local antique mall. Despite all sales being final, the dealer was actually at the mall and told me he would agree to return my money should this goggle and package set get negative reviews. So I took a chance. They look identical to the ones I saw sold on Ken N.'s and Dave S.'s sites, not long ago. The fabric is a little stiff, but the elastic if still flexible and both lens are intact with no damage. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sand/Dust Goggles   Sand/Dust Goggles  

Sand/Dust Goggles   Sand/Dust Goggles  

Sand/Dust Goggles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sand/Dust Goggles
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sand/Dust Goggles

Looks good to me. The envelope is more or less the same as mine. I have 2 pairs from 1944. The goggles are a bit different though.

These don't have a date on them that I could find.

?

I will see if i can find mine, but the envelope and construction on yours look very similar to the ones i have. I will post them when i have found them.

If I remember correctly, Zeiss moved from Jena after the war as it was in East Germany.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    If I remember correctly, Zeiss moved from Jena after the war as it was in East Germany.
    Probably a good move for business! So these should be war time based on factory location?

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Your memory is correct I think these are good. After the war the East German produced items was named "Zeiss Jena" and not "Carl Zeiss Jena" as far as i read it. My goggles does not have the original instructions. Also my "envelope" was damaged and a repair was done. So now the press lock is missing. I have found them now and i actually have 3 and not 2. I will take some daylight pics tomorrow, unless i have to show them tonight of course.

Thanks, Datrus. Tomorrow will be fine for the pictures. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Probably a good move for business! So these should be war time based on factory location?
    IMO Yes, war time made.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, Jerry. These appear to have been unissued, or at least never used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast