Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Short wire cutters and leather case.

Article about: Here's a nice set of short wire cutters along with the leather case. Both the case and the cutters are really nicely stamped. The case is a cny 42 and the cutters you can see the marks but t

Default Short wire cutters and leather case.

Here's a nice set of short wire cutters along with the leather case. Both the case and the cutters are really nicely stamped. The case is a cny 42 and the cutters you can see the marks but the paint obscures the detail.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Short wire cutters and leather case.   Short wire cutters and leather case.  

Short wire cutters and leather case.   Short wire cutters and leather case.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Short wire cutters and leather case.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Short wire cutters and leather case.

Hello. Congratulations with a very nice set.
    I have a similar set in my collection. The leather cases of this type, was also be used to carry a small pick, or Klapphacke.

Regards
    Björn

Smile

This has been a nice little project for me, courtesy of e-bay !
    I've seen German short wirecutters at just about every militaria fair I've been to, but never a leather case in good condition. One appeared recently on e-bay UK, not cheap but I bought it in a heartbeat. Then I realized, I'd never actually bought any wirecutters.....so found a nice-looking pair on Deutsch e-bay.

The cutters just arrived and I'm very pleased - a small bonus, I'd assumed they were rusted closed but in fact they're much better than they looked online, and original movement is perfect. The wirecutters are dated 1939, with the carrier 1941.....

To me, these are very typical of the Blitzkrieg era Wehrmacht, and the carrier features in one of the most iconic Signal photos of WWII.....

A useful reference to these can be found in the French-language 'Militaria' magazine #333 ( April 2013 ). The article is by Frederic Schmittlin ( with a number of detail photos courtesy of MP44Tom...)