MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small GJ lot from one soldier

Article about: Hi all! This just came in, im soooooo happy! A rucksack with goodies inside Annoyed from this ads?   Weather outside is horrible so i had to take the photos inside, they are a bit bad b

Default Small GJ lot from one soldier

Hi all! This just came in, im soooooo happy! A rucksack with goodies inside

Weather outside is horrible so i had to take the photos inside, they are a bit bad but they are good untill i take better ones.

Small GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldierSmall GJ lot from one soldier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small GJ lot from one soldier
    P
    Many

?

Nice group bud. Love field gear and also the trench art the soldier put on lid. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-14-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

nice find.

Hello,
    The engraved lid in the last photos is from a WWII italian mess kit...
    Nice find
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Nice group, but I don't see anything that is Gebirgsjaeger specifik. All standard infantry issue.
    Sarge

?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Nice group, but I don't see anything that is Gebirgsjaeger specifik. All standard infantry issue.
    Sarge
    Apart from the mountain boot, Gentian flower and edelweiss on the mess tin.

First of all good find of items I thought that lid did not look right for German I almost said Italian looking myself. Germans used them also though. timothy

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Sarge

Hello,
    All the items seen here were not infantry issue but general issue to all branches of service (except the Rucksack and the italian lid).
    The Rucksack is not infantry issue either as it has carrying straps.
    Considering that this Rucksack is a simplified version of the early Gebirgsjäger Rucksack and considering the Gebirgsjäger boot and Edelweisses engraved on the italian lid, IMO the former owner of these items had a good chance to serve in the Gebirgstruppen, even if the canteen is the 80 cl type instead of the 1 liter...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Could someone check his name in the Volksbund? Wastl Ganterer, sounds like its not to common.

?

Question

Well, appearemntly my computer is not showing all the photos because there is NO boot shown.
    And yes this eqpt was used by a wide variety of soldiers, But I am corekt in saying that it is "Infantry" issue.
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast