Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sniper Mask

Article about: G'day all, I came across this Camo sniper mask up for sale but i don't know if it's genuine or not? i have only seen one other before, it looks good to me but i would like you guys opinion.

Default Sniper Mask

G'day all, I came across this Camo sniper mask up for sale but i don't know if it's genuine or not? i have only seen one other before, it looks good to me but i would like you guys opinion.

Cheers Phill.Sniper MaskSniper MaskSniper MaskSniper Mask

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sniper Mask
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sniper Mask

Certainly looks the part - if fake, someone went to a LOT of trouble and artificial wear.
    I wonder whether snipers actually wore them though?
    Dan

Hello,
    To be perfectly honest with you, i have never handled an "original" example in more than 30 years of collecting, so it's going to be tough for me to help you out with this one....but it seems to me that the item is rather crudely made.
    Could you get bigger photos showing more details ?
    Apparently, the mask itself is made of two cloth, one camo, one white, sewn together (if i'm not mistaking of course) which could indicate that the piece of camo cloth may come, why not, from a cut off Zeltbahn...?
    Do i see brown painted metal eyelet on the piece of cloth placed in front of the mouth ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I wondered the same thing Dan?, the material does look like splinter pattern Zeltbahn JP and the rivets appear to be slightly rusted? as for bigger pics try saving them and using your own magnifier? i can't upload them any larger sorry, and thanks Guys, i have to go out for the evening but will get back to any replies A.S.A.P Cheers.

?

Ive only ever seen these in pics. Interesting item.

Fascinating item for sure ! Imagine that staring at you in battle !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

All you need is a chainsaw and your good to go!

Interesting item about which I know nothing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.