Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

snow cover

Article about: Hi all, we found this over the weekend at a sale stuffed in the bottom of a gas mask tin i bought, i have looked on the net at not found any the same as it has no loops and non reversible ,

?

Default snow cover

Hi all, we found this over the weekend at a sale stuffed in the bottom of a gas mask tin i bought, i have looked on the net at not found any the same as it has no loops and non reversible , the draw string is a silk type material and the main cover is cotton, has passed the burn test on the threads.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

snow cover   snow cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement snow cover
    P
    Many

That's a hard one to say so much of the snow stuff was field and locally made I like the material on it compares to some German winter smocks I have seen hopefully other's with more knowledge on these will come along. Most of the factory made splinter ones reverse to white but a lot of them as I said are field made. timothy

i take it the gasmask tin was a long wehrmacht model type ?

?

Standard m38

?

These types of covers are hard to authenticate, was it done by the unit,s tailor, at company level, etc, it has obviously been done to a more or less professional standard of sewing/stitching and from what i can remember they were supposed to be made from 5 seperate pieces of cloth ,as is this one, but these are relatively easy to reproduce by anyone with a good knowledge of how the thing should look and able to use a sewing machine, i have made two for friends by measuring the cloth over my helmets, and my wife showed me how to stitch with an ordinary machine. Tape for drawstring is readily available in any haberdashers shop and looks the part when slightly aged or frayed. This one shown looks to be in a very clean condition, i have my doubts but reserved until proven otherwise

?

Hi thanks for the reply , I totally see where you are coming from on this, but as it was an unexpected extra that came free with the gas mask tin, I am happy to view it as a nice display item that may have the possibility of being right.