Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

The soldier is wounded

Article about: Hello little question : a soldier is wounded so he go to the hospital, do you know if the equipment is kept for his return or all is gived to a new soldier arriving in the unity?

Default The soldier is wounded

Hello little question : a soldier is wounded so he go to the hospital, do you know if the equipment is kept for his return or all is gived to a new soldier arriving in the unity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The soldier is wounded
    P
    Many

Default Re: The soldier is wounded

I would say clothing, kit etc returned to the Soldier. Weapons may be passed on

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Many thanks Nick

Do You mean WWII or today?

?

when i got wounded, my cloths and ppe were destroyed and equipment/ personel kit dished out amoung the troop

I want to know during WWII in German Army, because suppose it was not easy to keep his material.

Well, there were plenty of firearms in the Russian front and no-one really cared if the weapon You have in Your Soldbuch is the weapon You use in combat. There was a work to be done and German troops used any wapons they recieved - for example SVT38 and SVT 40, PPsh and PPs were very good weapons and Germans used then very often.

I think it was shared out between his unit if serious,personnel gear sent back home.[germans]

In soldbuchs werent they issued with new stuff apon return. Im certin about weapons, i suspect equipment would be reissued to other soldiers. I think last thing on a soldiers mind is equipment when he is wounded.