Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Some goggles

Article about: Hi, i recently bought this lot of goggles. The first 2 are dust goggles. In the middle, the all purpose issue protective goggles, with sun protection. I think the lenses are for an italian m

Default Some goggles

Hi,

i recently bought this lot of goggles. The first 2 are dust goggles. In the middle, the all purpose issue protective goggles, with sun protection. I think the lenses are for an italian model. Does someone know the model at the bottom? They are marked DRGM, so they are german. But i think they are civilian from the 30's. Am i right?

Regards.

Vincent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01690.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	685922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01692.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	685923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01694.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	685924

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Well I see the standard dust or so called throw away goggles, the standard leather frame ones in the middle usually issued with a ersatz type of material pouch and the bottom are motoring goggles used by motorcycle drivers and they could have been used by civilian motoring also I just looked at a period picture of a Wermacht motorcycle driver wearing your bottom goggles and I cant remember where DRGM was a patent mark used during WW2 and before DRBM is post war I have it DRGM on a aviator style goggle. Nice bunch of goggles BTW your lenses are tinted and could be large enough for a Italian pair could also be for German Luft style made also by Clemens and Waggner etc. timothy

Thank you for helping Timothy. DRGM was used from 1891 until 1945. But it can be rarely found until the late 40's.

Regards.

Vincent