Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Specific mess kit info

Article about: I am looking for information on the famed schindler plant mess kits (DEF).. What I have found so far is that there is apparently there are no makers marks on them but are only defined by the

Default Specific mess kit info

I am looking for information on the famed schindler plant mess kits (DEF).. What I have found so far is that there is apparently there are no makers marks on them but are only defined by the green, blue, and gray enamel paint. Does someone have any other information as to identifying marks of an original? Thanks guys.. Darren

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Specific mess kit info
    P
    Many

I can't comment on the mess kits, but there were examples of pots and plates etc on display when i visited the factory last December, i can't remember seeing any maker marks on them!...

Yes that's everything that I've read also. This is the only piece of militaria ever requested that I find by my mother of all people. Information has been very sketchy so far as to identifying them.

Found an example of what fits the description. No makers mark, blue enamel paint. But then it described as a late war production.. Late war they had switched to munitions and were no longer making mess kits from what I understand. Throws a wrench in identifying them. Any other info would help. I need another trail to follow.

It was only the last 8 months of the war that munitions were produced at Brünnlitz, so i suppose you could describe late 1944 as late war!...

Hmmmm that's a good point..

Gunny, looking at the one I messaged you about, a zoom on the picture shows sort of a multi color pattern.. I'm still not convinced.. This won't be easy..