Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS leather stamp on bayonet frog

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I wonder if some of you can help me with this stamp? It is on a leather bayonet frog and I have no idea, what it means or if it´s real? Best Regards Annoyed from this ads? &

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Well obviously your $hit for brains transplant was successful.

Sorry to dissapoint you, never had a brain transplant...

Was just asking a curious question... the SS stamped so much stuff (stamps at unit level, various "VA" stamps, RZM and so on) so I was just wondering if such stamp existed/was possible - not more!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS leather stamp on bayonet frog
    P
    Many

SS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogI like mine better. Whether the 1935 and 1939 stamp are somehow connected, I cannot say.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-02-2015 at 11:08 PM.

SS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogI am not sure about my brains either, but I deepen myself in stamps. I have owned this bayonet for more than forty years.

Quote by collector19 View Post
    Is there a list or something like that, where I can see all the type stamps which existed??
    There were so many stamps in the SS and I am not sure any more which stamps actually existed and which are fantasy?

Maybe, this stamp existed and nobody knows??

This is a legitimate statement, but with the careful and thorough use of this site, you can get closer to the truth.

and you can also avail yourself of the experience of others who have been looking for decades.

The stamps are now being faked because we naively and stupidly enclose pictures of such real stamps.

Thank you, FB for your input.
    What worried me about the stamp is that the gap between the "W" and the "B" is a bit larger than the gap between the "B" and the "W".??
    Also, the "5" in 1935 seems to be a little bit smaller?
    But i thought- this could be possible?!

SS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frog

The Verwaltungsamt SS included in its variety the quarter master system of the SS, of which the Wirtschaftsbetriebe were a part of this entitySS leather stamp on bayonet frog. The "VA" stamp is predominant.

I do not collect edged weapons or their accessories other than the couple of pieces I show.

We have threads on RZM/SS tags and stamps and field equipment stamps for the SS, too.

These threads have withstood collector scrutiny and review and recommend themselves for your inquiry.

The cuff title is not my property.

The Schulte book here has the very best examination of the VA SS and the Dachau shops I have seen.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-02-2015 at 10:38 PM.

I own other leather goods with a "VA" stamp. I will try to photograph them.

?

Many items are being ruined because of fakers placing SS stamps on them. The fakes are getting better and better, but still the brains in here manages to root out the fakes.

I fear the day when the perfect copy arrive, that day the value of old militaria will crumble in front of those who collect solely for investment purposes.

SS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogSS leather stamp on bayonet frogTo be sure, in the German forces and party organizations, there are lots of units stamps and such, but these are different.

I.e. see this:
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-02-2015 at 04:27 AM.

?

The lettering is very inconsistent, each letter looks to have been stamped by hand individually. This in its' self is never a good sign. Normally all things marked SS are highly suspicious and those that are sloppy and inconsistent rarely garner a second look.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast