Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Markings on a Folding spoon?

Article about: I recently purchased a standard German Folding Spoon and Fork combo, however noticed that as well as the makers mark (In this case VDNS 39 dated) there is a small SS symbol stamped into the

Dav
    ?

Default SS Markings on a Folding spoon?

I recently purchased a standard German Folding Spoon and Fork combo, however noticed that as well as the makers mark (In this case VDNS 39 dated) there is a small SS symbol stamped into the Spoon side of things. I haven't seen this before, was it normal for equipment that was to be used by the SS to be earmarked and stamped? Thanks. SS Markings on a Folding spoon?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Markings on a Folding spoon?
    P
    Many

?

SS in a diamond usually is a fake

Dav
    ?

It's no big deal if so, but the makers mark (VDNS) is genuine I believe. Saying I got it for £5 chucked in with a mess tin for £20 then it's not too bad.

SS inside a diamond generally is not a good sign.

Mart

Dav
    ?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    SS inside a diamond generally is not a good sign.

Mart
    Is it a certain type that it is fake, or could it have been added some time post war, or was it an actual stamping used, but commonly faked?

I believe the SS-diamond stamp is a post war fantasy marking.

Mart

Dav
    ?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    I believe the SS-diamond stamp is a post war fantasy marking.

Mart
    Oh right okay. Why on earth would anyone add it to a genuine spoon?

Quote by Dav View Post
    Oh right okay. Why on earth would anyone add it to a genuine spoon?
    For the same reason they add them to all manner of ridiculous and impractical things: To increase value. That's all the fakers care about. Thus things like SS and RZM markings appearing where they never would. They don't care about the history and have no intention of studying it; they only want to take your money.

The sad thing is, that there is always someone out there who will believe what they're looking at is genuine. Even when only a few minutes on the Google-machine could tell them otherwise.

B.B.

Dav
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    For the same reason they add them to all manner of ridiculous and impractical things: To increase value. That's all the fakers care about. Thus things like SS and RZM markings appearing where they never would. They don't care about the history and have no intention of studying it; they only want to take your money.

The sad thing is, that there is always someone out there who will believe what they're looking at is genuine. Even when only a few minutes on the Google-machine could tell them otherwise.

B.B.
    Ah I see. What are Rzm markings? And, with my spoon, should I leave them on there or just scratch it off, Its just I don't want to remove it if there is a slim chance it is real.

MAP
    ?

Yup....it's all about "the money". Slap an SS or RZM code on something and charge 2x to 3x more.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast