Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS pigeon ring 1936

Article about: hi guys got a question a few days ago i was metaldetecting and found this SS pigeon ring date 1936 at the German border near Holland i know the Germans used pigeons,and some rings got the ad

?

Superb find, one of my favourite subject matters, animals in warfare. Just thought I would add some photos of a SS brieftaubenstation.

SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936SS pigeon ring 1936

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS pigeon ring 1936
    P
    Many

?

Very interesting.

[QUOTE=duska;1654195]Superb find, one of my favourite subject matters, animals in warfare. Just thought I would add some photos of a SS brieftaubenstation.=QUOTE]

Great pictures, has took me back years ! seems a well kept loft

Were these breeding birds, what were the SS using these birds for, messages I assume ??????

Cheers

Just had a chat with my brother who kept my grandfathers loft and pigeon stock going for 20 years after my grandfathers death

The solid rings/bands are normally applied to the pigeon squabs leg ( squeaker, chick ) at 6 days old, the leg then grows and the band can not be removed

Bizarre item ! haha

Cheers

thanks everyone for your comments,and help

greetings

hi guys today i was approached by someone who wants to buy my SS pigeon ring,the owner of a Dutch ww2 museum,he ask me a price but really, i have no idea to ask for it,what do you think this piece maybe worth?

greetings

new pictures from today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS pigeon ring 1936   SS pigeon ring 1936  

SS pigeon ring 1936   SS pigeon ring 1936  

SS pigeon ring 1936  

Not worth a great fortune, but I know that I'd give you a hundred dollars right now for it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Cool

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not worth a great fortune, but I know that I'd give you a hundred dollars right now for it...
    After reading the question that was exactly my estimation!
    Sarge

Also Never seen one or heard about them , so they must be rare , anything SS commands a higher price as we know , $200 seems too little for something so rarely seen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast