Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS table knife?

Article about: Hey guys,just wondering if anyone could give me any info on whether this is original or not?

?

Default SS table knife?

Hey guys,just wondering if anyone could give me any info on whether this is original or not?

SS table knife?SS table knife?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS table knife?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS table knife?

Not good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade,what are the telltale signs?

Simply the design and the very poor stamped markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is a spoon brought back from the SS officer training school at Bad Tolz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS table knife?   SS table knife?  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I had a few of these years ago, certified by militaria dealer, in Germany by detlev-niemann

Trouble is, that dealer is now no longer trading. If he was, I would have said send them back for a refund.

Detlev was good on awards, but I found him lacking in other departments.

But if you are happy with them, that is all that matters.

Cheers, Ade.

They were not from him , they were from a diffrent dealer , only the certification was from detlev.

Even repo items of this type can sell for upwards of $80 here in Australia

I agree with Ade on this one. The stamping of the markings on this knife look crude and poorly done. If they had been applied contemporary, the wear to them does not reflect this. The second sig rune is almost misshapen to distortion. As for the Bad Tolz piece, the markings are better applied but again, I don't care for the looks of them and would have to question it. Truth be told, I mistrust most of the SS silverware I've seen these last 20 years or so-there's been so many fakes made since then and some of them aren't Bad and now have age to them.
    I know that many people consider Detlev Niemann a sort of unquestionable ultimate expert, but this has never been my experience in dealing with him over the years. I've always found him to be an arrogant game playing rude man who's retirement is definitely the best thing I ever found to like about him. He made errors that Should have been instantly questioned, but his aura of infallibility always seemed to carry him through. He is Not missed by me...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wow ok .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast