Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Article about: It is not the Feldpost nummer but the number of this soldier in the unity. I never saw such important number on a Gas masq box, never.

Default SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Hi guys, this can ( by our current questionable seller ) is ending soon. I put an early bid in and have been outbid.

NOW, before you all say " why the hell did you bid in the first place for, Dan?" let me explain. I realise it is contrived, and the feldpost nummer is blatantly wrong ( too many numbers ) but as a cool stand for a helmet I thought it was worth a low bid.

Happy that I have now been outbid ( but sad for the high bidder who may think it all OK ) I was thinking that the people that do this sort of "enhancing" really have too much time on their hands - maybe the winters are too long??? because someone HAS gone to a lot of effort in the weathering of this. You can see the black paint 'wash' and how some time exposed has blended new with old. ( anyone who has weathered model planes or tanks will know what I mean and how much time it takes - NOT a 2hr job!

This is the sort of thing that will catch many a casual collector out in the years to come I feel.......
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	426134   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	426135  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	426136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	426137  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	426138  
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

It sold for US$71 ..... not a lot of profit on a relic $30 canister for all the work involved......... weird, I say!!

You never know on eBay :\ I've seen a none leader hitler youth I.D card sale for over eight hundred(and the buyer actually payed) and a early 57' German cross sale for seven dollars. I won that one

Smile Re: SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Thanks Dan for the exposer on this Latvia fool, you were a victim and me almost [thanks to WRF & Kylesbullets I wasn't].
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 11-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.

By the way, how that 800x work for you on the paint? I saw it's now at $139 AU from $39.99.

May I ask how Kyle was of assistance?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sure.

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Just one further note on the faked decal helmet. With a 60x - 150x LED loop I can actually see the edges of the decals over top the pitted rust, Wow!
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 11-28-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    By the way, how that 800x work for you on the paint? I saw it's now at $139 AU from $39.99.
    The seller I bought it from still has them at AU$42 ???? ....... at 800X it is way too fine for paint, I bought another pencil type that goes 5x to 200x for $25 I'll see how well that goes when it arrives.
    Cheers, Dan

I just bought a 30x/60x loop with LED light and it's fantastic. With the 60x you can see the cracking in original factory paint. Bought a 150-200 LED loop as well, and it's good but not great as far as clear focused bright image goes. But for $8 it's ok.

So with the USB one, you can take photos or save images? Please post your opinion on the pencil type, it sounds like a good choice.

Yes with the pencil one you can take images and video! Will show it and report when it arrives
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast