Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Article about: It is not the Feldpost nummer but the number of this soldier in the unity. I never saw such important number on a Gas masq box, never.

Default SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Hi guys, this can ( by our current questionable seller ) is ending soon. I put an early bid in and have been outbid.

NOW, before you all say " why the hell did you bid in the first place for, Dan?" let me explain. I realise it is contrived, and the feldpost nummer is blatantly wrong ( too many numbers ) but as a cool stand for a helmet I thought it was worth a low bid.

Happy that I have now been outbid ( but sad for the high bidder who may think it all OK ) I was thinking that the people that do this sort of "enhancing" really have too much time on their hands - maybe the winters are too long??? because someone HAS gone to a lot of effort in the weathering of this. You can see the black paint 'wash' and how some time exposed has blended new with old. ( anyone who has weathered model planes or tanks will know what I mean and how much time it takes - NOT a 2hr job!

This is the sort of thing that will catch many a casual collector out in the years to come I feel.......
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????   SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????  

SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????   SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????  

SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????
    P
    Many

Default Re: SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

It sold for US$71 ..... not a lot of profit on a relic $30 canister for all the work involved......... weird, I say!!

You never know on eBay :\ I've seen a none leader hitler youth I.D card sale for over eight hundred(and the buyer actually payed) and a early 57' German cross sale for seven dollars. I won that one

Smile Re: SSOVETSK Ebay seller "winter" gasmask kanister!!!!????

Thanks Dan for the exposer on this Latvia fool, you were a victim and me almost [thanks to WRF & Kylesbullets I wasn't].
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 11-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.

By the way, how that 800x work for you on the paint? I saw it's now at $139 AU from $39.99.

May I ask how Kyle was of assistance?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sure.

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Just one further note on the faked decal helmet. With a 60x - 150x LED loop I can actually see the edges of the decals over top the pitted rust, Wow!
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 11-28-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    By the way, how that 800x work for you on the paint? I saw it's now at $139 AU from $39.99.
    The seller I bought it from still has them at AU$42 ???? ....... at 800X it is way too fine for paint, I bought another pencil type that goes 5x to 200x for $25 I'll see how well that goes when it arrives.
    Cheers, Dan

I just bought a 30x/60x loop with LED light and it's fantastic. With the 60x you can see the cracking in original factory paint. Bought a 150-200 LED loop as well, and it's good but not great as far as clear focused bright image goes. But for $8 it's ok.

So with the USB one, you can take photos or save images? Please post your opinion on the pencil type, it sounds like a good choice.

Yes with the pencil one you can take images and video! Will show it and report when it arrives
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast