Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stamp tools

Article about: I just bought a stamping tool (see image) for about €12 and I just thought it would be a cool thing to have in the collection. I also lost an action for a similar tool for LW (went for about

?

Default Stamp tools

I just bought a stamping tool (see image) for about €12 and I just thought it would be a cool thing to have in the collection.

I also lost an action for a similar tool for LW (went for about €40), see the other image.

Since I don't see them to often it's hard to tell the value, is there any one else having these stamp tools?
    Are they real? Is there any value in them?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamp tools   Stamp tools  

Stamp tools  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamp tools
    P
    Many

Most of these stamps are fake, i'm no expert on them so i can't say if these are real or not!...

Both of these designs are well known Polish made fakes i'm afraid, good job you didn't pay to much.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

These stamps are all over the place these days! Last week a seller was trying to convince me they were the real deal, but I wonder why he had like about 25 of them on display....

?

Really?!
    You can't trust anyone i suppose. But is there any way to see if they are really repros or the real deal?

Quote by mpnox View Post
    Really?!
    You can't trust anyone i suppose. But is there any way to see if they are really repros or the real deal?
    Take my word for it, they're both well known fakes available any day of the week on Ebay for one. The obvious signs are that they are nearly always made from this copper looking metal when in reality most genuine stamps were rubber, the copper type were used, but mainly in conjunction with printing presses. The other glaring pointer is the falsely aged oversized handle, these are always the same.

You took a chance and paid 12 Euro's...., go figure, if real it would be worth 10 times that, but it's not. Take a look at these fakes probably made in the same factory, it tells you all you need to know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamp tools  
    Attached Images Attached Images Stamp tools 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.