Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Aluminum German Capture Tag

Article about: A friend of mine came up with this thing for me today. Anyone have any ideas. It reads "captured by the German army". Real, fantasy? Thanks in advance.

Default Strange Aluminum German Capture Tag

A friend of mine came up with this thing for me today. Anyone have any ideas. It reads "captured by the German army". Real, fantasy?

Thanks in advance.

Strange Aluminum German Capture TagStrange Aluminum German Capture Tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Aluminum German Capture Tag
    P
    Many

These things have been around for a good few many years now. What they are Supposedly are grave marker tags for fallen enemy (officers?) that were buried by the Germans. Nailed on the coffin box lid, I imagine. I don't know if I quite accept them, but they are known to collectors for some time. For what it's worth, this tag looks to have some age to it and nothing bogus that I'm seeing on it. 4cm x 4cm, is it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by LostDutchman View Post
    A friend of mine came up with this thing for me today. Anyone have any ideas. It reads "captured by the German army".
    In this context "erfassen" means "to register", so it actually translates as "registered by the German armed forces". Otherwise, no idea.

?

Reminds me of some paper notes we found attached to a door in an old building,it was put up by the germans when they occupied the building for their own use telling it was now WH property..Could this be something similar?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

I tried just now doing a quick Google search for the term "Erfasst Durch Die Deutsche Wehrmacht". Several threads pop up about the grave marker theory. Otherwise, I have no clue. Personally, I wouldn't trust it, but who knows? I've seen stranger things before...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."