Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange-Looking MP40/44 Pouches

Article about: Hey all. Thanks for helping me before with the MP40 pouch questions. Now, I have some other ones. On gunbroker.com, somebody was trying to sell these rather strange pouches: NAZI MP 44 SKY B

Default Strange-Looking MP40/44 Pouches

Hey all.
    Thanks for helping me before with the MP40 pouch questions. Now, I have some other ones. On gunbroker.com, somebody was trying to sell these rather strange pouches: NAZI MP 44 SKY BLUE MAG POUCH : Magazines / Clips at GunBroker.com
    Now this is not my area of expertise, and some assistance would gladly be appreciated. The blue color suggests something along the lines of Luftwaffe, though I have never seen pouches like this. Of particular note are the two holes punched into the straps. (Perhaps an early variant?)
    The seller unfortunately didn't provide some images for its back, which would shed more light on the subject. However, I found an eerily similar item on another site: ammo pouch - History by George Militaria and Collectibles
    I have met the owner of the second website in person and he swears that the pouches are real. However, the Waffenamt on the pouch is a little fishy and did not match some of the codes I found. So is it real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange-Looking MP40/44 Pouches
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange-Looking MP40/44 Pouches

These are both poor fakes.

Cheers, Ade.

[QUOTE=Searinox;155937]
    I have met the owner of the second website in person and he swears that the pouches are real. QUOTE]

I swear those pouches are crap...how about that !
    Cheers
    Manny

Thanks guys... do any of you guys know anybody who sells authentic MP44 pouches for under or around $800? That has become my collecting 'obsession' lately. However, with so many fakes on the market (and the real deal costing $2000 or over) finding a humanly affordable MP44 pouch is as about as rare as dragon droppings.

Cheers,
    Searinox

so you want $2000. pouches for $800 or less???...good luck!

You will struggle to find any original for under $1500/$2000.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You will struggle to find any original for under $1500/$2000.

Cheers, Ade.
    I've found a genuine pair myself last May for €1800...but they looked as if they had been chewed up by a pitbull!