Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

TeNo canteen covers

Article about: Hi all! On another topic, I already asked this question (without much success), now can me a little lucky ? In the book "Uniforms, organization & history of the German Police, Vol 2

Default TeNo canteen covers

Hi all!
    On another topic, I already asked this question (without much success), now can me a little lucky?

In the book "Uniforms, organization & history of the German Police, Vol 2" ( J. Angolia and H. Taylor) displayed photo "TeNo canteen in a dark blue cover". Maybe someone has documents confirming this information? Canteens in the covers of this color in most forums called "for luftschutz", but I think this is unlikely.
    I still will be happy to know the opinion of experts of the German uniforms on this TeNO cover. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no way to see the documents, describing TeNo equipment.

TeNo  canteen covers

Best regards, Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TeNo  canteen covers
    P
    Many

You already asked about this, but I could not find it.
    Now I have looked again and in the "Verordnungsblatt der Technischen Nothilfe",
    number 6 from June 1936 on page 185 it said: Feldflasche und Brotbeutel, dunkelblau.
    So both items were in darker-blue. This was also said in the "Uniformen-Markt",
    number 20 from December 1, 1936 page 310. It remained in this color. This is stated
    in an addendum to the "Uniformen-Markt", number 11 from June 1, 1940. Page 4
    mentions dark-blue.

You mention Luftschutz: here it is said, color as for the Luftwaffe. In L.DV.788:
    "Vorschrift über die Dienstbekleidung für den Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst I. Ordnung und
    den Luftschutz-Warndienst
    " from August 1, 1940 it is said on page 40 as: Feldflasche,
    Form und Ausführung nach Art der Luftwaffe.

When TeNo started to wear the field-greyish uniforms, they surely will have used
    another color, which in line was as for the color of the army. It is said as: "Besondere
    Einsatzgruooen der TN wurden mit feldgrauer Uniform ausgerüstet
    "! Nothing
    was said about equipment.

Wilhelm, thank you very much for your help!
    I'm interested in the history of army canteens, and this information is very important to me.

PS I'd like to add - at different forums I've seen a lot of disputes and various versions about these covers. Luftwaffe, Luftschutz...etc
    Now, thanks to you, Wilhelm, much has become clear. Thank you again for your willingness to help

Best regards, Michael
    Last edited by dimmuborgir95; 09-16-2016 at 01:57 PM.