Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?

Article about: It seems like my other thread was deleted so I will try once more. Can any of you let me know what to think of these couple of items? I haven't had to much field gear in my collection before

?

Default Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?

It seems like my other thread was deleted so I will try once more.

Can any of you let me know what to think of these couple of items?

I haven't had to much field gear in my collection before. I am mostly collecting helmets and bayonets. So I would appreciate if any of you could let me know if this is some original gear or if some ofit is post war.

(I have made a thread with the belt separately in the more appropriate forum :- ) )

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?   Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?  

Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?   Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?  

Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?   Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?  

Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts on some field equipment - good or bad?

As I said in the other one, all looks good to me, plus there should be maker marks on the items in certain places

Jason

?

The gas mask and canister are good in my opinion the mask is a GM-38 and the canister is an M-35.
    Here is an excellent website that may be of some use in your quest to identify some of your field gear ( MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website ) . Another site you may find usefull as well with the K-98 ammo pouch is (http://stinch's.com/militaria )

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 06-15-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Add info

?

Thanks gents!

The field phone is an original Ff 33. You can test it to see if it works using a 1.5 volt battery. A D-cell will work. Repro battery boxes are available. You insert a D inside the box and connect the two wires to the phone battery terminals. You can also get a two line battery pack at Radio Shack and connect it that way. Depress the Sprechtaste and see if it the handset works. You will need another phone to test it properly. NH

?

Cool info Neil, thanks. Can you tell how much I should pay for such a field phone? I have no clue what would be a fair price.

Cheers Alex

Quote by ackb View Post
    Cool info Neil, thanks. Can you tell how much I should pay for such a field phone? I have no clue what would be a fair price.

Cheers Alex
    Alex, Prices vary of course depending upon condition. A non-working phone would be worth about $50 for parts. Working phones range from about $75 to $100. They are not rare so anything above $100 is pushing it - unless it is in mint condition. NH

Hello,
    The messkit is russian, ammo pouch looks rather strange (perhaps finnish), the rest is german.
    Don't pay too much...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for letting me know Philip

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The messkit is russian, ammo pouch looks rather strange (perhaps finnish), the rest is german.
    Don't pay too much...
    Thanks
    How can you tell the messkit is Russian? I have one that looks similar (it has no markings that I can find) and it appears to be more crudely made than my "marked" German ones. I have wondered if it could be Russian.

Thanks!
    Mike